This continuing education activity offers a maximum of 62.5 continuing education hours, or 6.2 CEUs. This total includes the full Annual Meeting program. The Pre-Conference Institutes and the American Hand Therapy Foundation Happy Hour with a Scholar are now included in the full program.
The American Society of Hand Therapists is an approved provider of continuing education by the American Occupational Therapy Association (AOTA). The assignment of AOTA CEUs does not imply endorsement of specific course content, products or clinical procedures by the AOTA.
The New York State Education Department of Physical Therapy recognizes ASHT as an approved provider of PT and PTA continuing education.
Continuing education requirements are regulated by the state boards of physical therapy. Each state licensing board has its own policies and procedures related to continuing education of its licensees. State boards of physical therapy place the responsibility on licensees to follow rules and regulations related to the practice of physical therapy and maintenance of licensure in their states. Licensees should verify acceptance of continuing education courses with their state licensing board by reviewing the relevant state practice act and/or administrative code.
Should you use the ASHT Virtual Annual Meeting in your state physical therapy recertification process, ASHT will reimburse up to $200** of the cost of the application. Please send ASHT a copy of your state physical therapy continuing education application to receive this reimbursement. Additionally, ASHT will supply on request, a continuing education packet containing all generally accepted required documentation. Please contact ASHT at email@example.com or call 856-380-6856 for more information.
**This reimbursement applies only to the first person to apply within each state. Subsequent applicants will not be charged by their state for filing.
PLEASE NOTE: State accrediting agencies may change the number of contact hours awarded for an independent study course.
CERTIFIED HAND THERAPISTS
All content of this course is accepted as Category A credit toward recertification by the Hand Therapy Certification Commission.
Credit will be awarded based on the date printed on the CE Certificate. For instance, if an individual’s recertification cycle is 01/01/2021 to 11/15/2026 and the CE transcript and certificate is completed on 02/05/2021, all of the CE hours will be applied to that recertification cycle.
To enter the professional development hours you have earned for the ASHT Virtual Annual Meeting:
- Go to the HTCC website, www.htcc.org.
- On the HTCC homepage, under the Recognized Specialist in Hand Therapy banner (upper right corner), click CHTs Login Here.
- Enter your CHT ID# and your password in the login field (this may be your CHT number again or a password you created) and click Enter. Your CHT ID# will always be used in the login field. Your CHT ID# is 10 digits long.
- Once logged in to “CHTs Only,” click “Enter Professional Development Hours” and then click “Category A: Formal Courses in Upper Quarter Therapy, Greater Than 3 Hours.”
- Enter your Professional Development hours onto the form and then scroll to bottom of page and click “Submit” to capture your information.
- Email or fax the certificate to HTCC at 866-329-1476 toll free, (international attendees 916-922-0210) or email your certificate to firstname.lastname@example.org. If you have any questions, please contact HTCC at email@example.com.
The American Society of Hand Therapists is recognized by the Board of Certification, Inc. to offer continuing education for Certified Athletic Trainers.
Attendees will have up to one year to complete the CE transcript. Questions can be directed to Taylor Check at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Have paid the registration fee.
- Attend their chosen sessions in their entirety.
- Complete an online evaluation form. CE certificates will be available immediately upon submission of evaluation form.
Attendees should only claim credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.