Plenary Session 3
Annual Business Meeting & Emerging Issues
Incoming Presidential Address: Looking Through a Unique Lens
This session will examine a variety of factors that are linked to improving healthcare access and outcomes for populations. Characteristics of our workforce and technologies available for providing services will be analyzed to identify means of improving access to hand rehabilitation services. Finally, steps and actions that hand therapists can take to improve access to our valuable health care services will be highlighted.
- Learners will be able to recognize benefits of improving healthcare access and outcomes through improved workforce diversity and access to technology.
- Learners will be able to identify the demographic characteristics of hand therapists in the United States and compare this to the distributions of these characteristics seen within the general population of the United States.
- Learners will be able to identify steps they can take to improve access to our valuable health care services for our patients.
Practice Division Update: Shaping Current Policy Trends Impacting Hand Therapy Practice
This session includes discussion about ASHT Practice Division activity, Division strategic direction and goals, insight into the critical role policymaking has on shaping payment and practice. ASHT members will learn what efforts are underway to address issues facing the profession and what measures can be taken to ensure your profession’s perspective is represented. Session will include business considerations, medicare updates, and tele-health regulations and orthotics reimbursement updates and recent legislative changes as applicable. Attendees will gain understanding about what information is most impactful with lawmakers and regulators.
- Understanding the intersection of advocacy, policy, and practice
- Identifying strategies for shaping policy and payment
- Understanding what information is most impactful with lawmakers and regulators